Terms and Conditions
This website is made available for free on the basis of these terms and conditions. By using this website you agree to these terms and conditions.
Your attention is particularly drawn to the "What the Retailers are not responsible for" section below.
Who operates this website and what is it for?
Currys Group Limited, Currys Retail Limited, Comet Group Limited and Argos Limited (the Retailers) agreed with the Office of Fair Trading (the OFT) on 27 June 2012, in a binding undertaking, that they would maintain this website to allow providers of extended warranties, for domestic electrical goods, to display certain information in relation to their extended warranties. This is an information only website. Nothing in this website shall constitute an offer which is capable of acceptance and this website does not enable you to purchase an extended warranty product. This website only provides information in respect of the extended warranty products available from the extended warranty providers who have chosen to use this website - it does not provide details of every extended warranty provider or every extended warranty product. The company information in respect of each Retailer, which continues to be active in the supply of extended warranties, is below.
|Currys Group Limited||Currys Retail Limited||Argos Limited|
|1 Portal Way||1 Portal Way||33 Holborn|
|W3 6RS||W3 6RS||EC1N 2HT|
|Company No. 00504877||Company No. 2142673||Company No. 01081551|
|Registered in the United Kingdom||Registered in the United Kingdom||Registered in the United Kingdom|
You may print or download one copy of any pages from this website for your personal reference, as long as:
- it is only used for your own personal purposes (or for the benefit of another individual on whose behalf you are using the website provided that such use is for that person's personal purposes);
- it is not used for any commercial purposes;
- copyright and other intellectual property notices are kept; and
- the material is not modified in any way.
You may save one short cut desktop link on your device to this website's homepage at http://www.compareextendedwarranties.co.uk
Accessing this website
It is not guaranteed that this website will be available at all times and it is not guaranteed that the functionality of this website will work when you access it or that it will stay the same (including the extended warranty search functionality).
Those extended warranty providers who have chosen to display information relating to themselves and their extended warranty products may add, amend or delete content from this website at any time. It is the responsibility of each participating extended warranty provider to ensure that the information which it makes available to you on this website is accurate, complete and not misleading.
What this website does not do
This website does not provide information in respect of every extended warranty which may be available - it only displays information which has been supplied by those extended warranty providers who have chosen to use this website.
This website does not offer advice or make recommendations in respect of extended warranties and nothing in this website should be construed, interpreted or relied upon as constituting advice, a recommendation or an offer.
Nothing in this website is intended to be an invitation or inducement by any insurance company to engage in buying any contract of insurance, but if and to the extent any information on this website relating to an insurance company can be construed as such an invitation or inducement, then the insurer to which such information relates has approved it for the purposes of section 21 Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
If you want more information about an extended warranty provider or any of their extended warranty products in respect of which details are displayed on this website, you will need to contact the relevant provider directly.
You cannot make purchases through this website and if you want to make a purchase you will need to contact the relevant provider directly.
What you are not allowed to do with this website
You must not, in respect of all or part of this website or any of its content:
- use it for any commercial purpose;
- make comparisons for your customers or for other companies;
- use web-scraping or similar technologies which seek to use the information provided by the website for an alternative purpose;
- access parts of it that are not intended for public use;
- disrupt or interfere with it or with another's use of it;
- use it for any illegal purpose;
- if you are an extended warranty provider, check your extended warranty prices against those extended warranty prices displayed on it;
- misuse it;
- knowingly or intentionally introduce viruses or harmful code to it;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or sell any part of it, except as allowed by these terms and conditions;
- create a frame to it;
- gain unauthorised access to it, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it; or
- attack it via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
You must also not attempt, permit or assist in any of the above activities.
If we reasonably believe that you are using the website for commercial purposes, we may suspend your access to the website without notice. By way of example, if the website receives more than 250 requests from the same IP address in any 24 hour period or pages from the website are 'framed' by another website without our permission, this will be interpreted as unauthorised commercial use.
All intellectual property rights and data in this website and in material published on it, including the "look and feel" of this website are protected by laws and treaties around the world including copyright, design rights, database rights and trade mark laws. Except where allowed by law, these terms and conditions or as otherwise specifically permitted on this website, you may not use or copy such intellectual property rights or data.
You are responsible for:
- ensuring that you have all arrangements necessary to access this website including an appropriate, modern web-browser with all relevant security updates installed; and
- ensuring that your device and data contained on your device is protected from viruses and other harmful code.
Extended warranty providers' responsibilities
Each of the Retailers respectively is responsible to you for any claim you have against it for death or personal injury caused by the respective Retailer's negligence and nothing in these terms and conditions affects this responsibility.
Each extended warranty provider respectively is responsible for the accuracy of the information made available.
What the Retailers are not responsible for
As stated above:
- this website is provided for free and for information only;
- the availability of the website is not guaranteed and it may not be available from time to time; and
- the accuracy and completeness of any information made available by this website is the responsibility of each respective extended warranty provider and it is not the responsibility of each Retailer respectively to check the accuracy or completeness of information provided by other extended warranty providers. No such checking will be undertaken by the Retailers.
Accordingly, each of the Retailers respectively is not responsible or liable for any claims or liabilities relating to any of the above including where the claim or liability arises from the acts or omissions of others.
Further, each Retailer respectively is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss or damage caused:
- by any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond the control of each Retailer, respectively;
- by the consequence of any decision taken based on information made available on this website regarding an extended warranty provider or their extended warranty products;
- by any consequence of you failing to comply with your responsibilities set out above;
- because information relating to any extended warranty provider or their extended warranty product(s) as displayed on this website is inaccurate or misleading.
Any claim which you may have or any loss or liability which you may suffer in connection with any information made available on this website, your dealings with an extended warranty provider or its extended warranty products is a matter between you and the relevant extended warranty product provider.
What happens if you do not comply with these terms and conditions?
If you do not comply with these terms and conditions:
- we may suspend your access to the website immediately and without notice;
- legal action may be taken against you;
- you may be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and your identity may be disclosed to the relevant law enforcement authority; and/or
- you will no longer be allowed to use this website with immediate effect
This website is intended for use by United Kingdom residents only.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and if you are a consumer you agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as far as possible but the laws where you are domiciled in the United Kingdom may apply and the courts where you are domiciled in the United Kingdom may have jurisdiction.
If you are not a consumer all aspects of your use of this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (in respect of any claim by the Retailers) and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (in respect of any claim which you make).
Each right or remedy of you and the Retailers in respect of these terms and conditions shall not affect any other right or remedy of you or the Retailers whether under these terms and conditions or not.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body to be unenforceable that provision shall not be a part of these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue to apply.
Neither the Retailers nor you will be responsible if you or any of the Retailers are unable to perform their or your obligations due to events which are genuinely beyond your or any Retailer's reasonable control (as applicable).
If you are not a consumer these terms and conditions are the only terms that apply between the Retailers and you in relation to this website and supersede all previous information provided in relation to this website. You acknowledge that, you have not relied on and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
Technical Issues and Complaints
If you have a technical issue with this website please use the Contact Us function. Please note that the Contact Us function is only to be used for this purpose and the website manager will only deal with and respond to technical issues which are notified to it in this way.
If you have a complaint about extended warranty information displayed on this website or any other query relating to an extended warranty product, you must contact the relevant extended warranty provider directly.
Changes to these terms and conditions
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time and when this happens the version number of the terms and conditions, set out below, will be updated and the new version will be effective from the date it is posted on this website.
This is version 1.