Cameras extended warranty (Currys / PC World)
- Product / Term / Purchased Price Range
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- 5 years
- Warranty Price
- £30 (£30 annually)
- £60 (£60 annually)
- YesNew For Old Replacement
If we're unable to repair your product, we'll give you a Currys voucher to get a new one. The value of the voucher will be based on an equivalent or similar specification product up to a maximum of your original Product purchase price.
- Parts & labour Parts & Labour Included
- Does the Extended Warranty cover the cost of replacement parts, labour or both?
- £0.00Excess Charge Per Claim
- Is there an excess fee that you must pay if you claim?
- YesNo Fault, No Charge
- If you make a claim and there is no fault or the problem is not covered will there be no charge
- NoLoan Product Available
- If the product is taken away for repair will you be entitled to a loan product?
- All UKLocations
- The areas of the UK that the Extended Warranty covers?
- YesAvailable On Products Purchased Elsewhere
- Is the Extended Warranty available to buy on products bought from any retailer?
- 7 daysRepair Commitment
- Are there any maximum repair time commitments offered under the Extended Warranty?
- NoMishaps Included
- Are you protected against mishaps or accidents?
- YesUnlimited Repairs
- Does the Extended Warranty provide for unlimited repairs?
- NoAnnual Health Check / Valet
- Does the Extended Warranty provide for maintenance checks or valet?
- YesHelpline Support
- Does the Extended Warranty provide a telephone support service?
- NoUnlimited replacements
- Does the Extended Warranty provide for unlimited replacements?
- Internet, Store, Telephone Availability
- Where can you purchase the Extended Warranty?
- Other Information
- Breakdown support when you need it. 7 day fix promise. Ask for a new one after your second repair.
Keep your amazing tech amazing.'
Add Care & Repair and if your tech stops working due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown, we'll fix it fast. If not, we'll replace it on request. That's our 7 day fix promise, T&Cs apply.
Ask for a new one after your second repair If we can’t repair your product, or it develops an electrical or mechanical fault after we repair it twice, you can ask for a Currys voucher so you can get a replacement product in one of our stores.
Don’t pay a penny more for parts, labour and call outs We’ll pay for it all. For TV and any large home appliances, if we have to replace your product, we’ll deliver and install it free of charge. We'll provide you with a Currys voucher to purchase delivery, installation and recycling if needed.
We'll set up your new computer and gadgets, provide a one to one tutorial and data transfer from any back-ups you have to make sure we get you back up and running as quickly as possible. These services will be provided to you via a Currys voucher. We'll even recycle your old appliance at no extra cost.
Squeaky clean – valet service for Large Household Appliances. To keep your tech fighting fit, our Care & Repair includes a one-off valet of your Household Large Appliance.
On hand always - 24/7 Support for TVs and Computing and Gadget products.
Excludes accidental and cosmetic damage of the product.
This is an information website to enable the participating providers of extended warranties for domestic electrical goods to display information about themselves and their services. Please note that this website does not contain details of all extended warranty providers or products. Currys, Comet and Argos (the Retailers) agreed with the OFT that they would maintain this website.
You may use this website to search for information in accordance with these terms and conditions. Each extended warranty provider is only responsible for information which it provides about its own warranty services. In the event you have a complaint about information which has been displayed on this website, you should contact the relevant extended warranty provider directly. Nothing in this website shall constitute an offer which is capable of acceptance and nothing in this website is an invitation or inducement to buy any contract of insurance, but if and to the extent any can be construed as such, then the relevant provider has approved it for the purposes of section 21 Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.